Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Welcome to "At The Ready"!

(This post will stay up the top for a while - so scroll for new posts...thanks!)

Hi there!
Welcome to "At the Ready", sister blog to "Nose At the Ready" - but instead of fragrances, this blog will focus on my never-ending self-teaching of other beauty products, mainly cosmetics and skincare.

I never used to be interested in this "girly stuff", as I used to call it...until a couple of years ago, after I'd fallen head-over-heels in love with all things fragrance. My editor at Perfume Critic, Marlen Harrison, sent me a scented lipstick by David Scott...and it got me thinking about my childhood/early-teen years of wearing Lip Smackers - maybe I did enjoy being a little girly every now and then. So maybe I should try my hand at proper "grown-up" makeup!

My best friend in this venture has been YouTube... I have learned so much from so many 'gurus' on YT - who I'll list on the 'Links' page - and I continue to watch videos every few days for inspiration and to learn something new! If it wasn't for these YouTubers, I don't think I'd be as enthusiastic about beauty as I am. (So thank you, YouTubers!)

So... this blog will be my continuing journey through the world of cosmetics and skincare - chronicling what products I like, reviewing them and... well, we'll see how we go with that first, right? :)

Anything fragrance-related will be on my main site, Nose At The Ready...

Oh, and hopefully soon I'll be starting a YouTube channel of my own, mainly for reviews (fragrance, makeup and skincare) - we'll see how we go with that for now, and see what happens.

In the meantime, I'll be posting stuff on both my blogs, so be checking them out regularly.

Thanks!!

--Liv--

No comments:

Post a Comment