Monday, October 17, 2011

NP Set, Lip Gloss Compact (Vanuatu – Peach)


Ingredients include Sunflower Seed Oil, Bees Wax, plus Vitamins A, C & E. Paraben free. 

Shades available: Corfu (Sugar), Jamaica (Beige), Vanuatu (Peach), Cuba (Bronze), Nisi (Pink) & Bahamas (Rose) 

Where can I buy it? $22 AU / $10 US (3g in size) - directly from http://www.npsetcosmetics.com/ or you can check the website for store locations in Australia & US. 

Back in March 2010, I saw that my favourite brand of body spray was having a special promotion – buy 2 and get a free NP Set lip gloss. Seeing as I had specifically gone in to buy one anyway, I thought buying two wasn’t that big of a stretch...so I bought two (different scents, of course)! I got home, typed in my promotional codes, and waited. A week or so later, a small package arrives – it contained an NP Set Lip Gloss Compact in the shade Vanuatu. 

NP Set is more affordable, and easier to access cosmetics line by Napoleon Perdis, an Australian LA-based makeup artist and the man behind the brand of the same name. The NP Set line sold in Target both in Australia & the US, as well as at their website and NP concept stores. 

I had never tried any Napoleon Perdis products before receiving this lip gloss (mainly because they’re out of my budget, as a lot of things are at the moment), which is a bit sad, considering I’m Australian as well - and you’ve got to support a fellow Aussie, right? There’s an NP concept store in my local shopping centre, and I’d always meant to stop & look at the products, but I never did.
Anyway, fast forward to my package arriving. I opened the compact and saw that the lip gloss was...orange. “Eek” was my first reaction! (I’ve not been a fan of wearing anything orange since I wore a bright orange dress to my year 6 formal!) But it wasn’t a bright orange – in fact, the box said it was ‘peach’ – so I decided to give it a try. 

Surprisingly, the colour is really nice. It doesn’t go on very bright, but it gives off a peachy tint and a generous amount of sparkle to your lips. I really like the shimmer in this gloss! This is very much a summer shade...I think they did a good job at naming the shades after islands (nisi is the Greek word for island!) because they would all look really good in the summertime! 

It’s quite moisturizing, thanks to the sunflower seed oil, and the consistency is really creamy and isn’t too sticky (not compared to some glosses I’ve tried). The compact it comes in has a mirror in it, so it’s good for touch-ups. Unfortunately, there’s no brush/applicator that comes with the lip gloss, so you’d either have to use your fingers (which leaves them stickier than your lips) or apply it with a lip brush, which is what I do. 

I’m quite happy with the NP Set compact. It’s not a product I would’ve tried if not for the special promotion, but I’m glad I now own it. I'm not sure I can pull the peachy shade off, so I only wear it around the house or to the local shops – but all-in-all, I think it’s a product worth trying.

Disclaimer: I received this product as a gift with purchase promotion. I earned no monetary compensation from the company. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment